...........The crazy (or not) world I live in... please enjoy :)

Friday, February 20, 2009

RSC

RSC - the Royal Society of Chemistry not the Royal Shakespeare Company

I am an active member of this group of people who have a interest in various aspects of science. my main aim is to try and encourage more of the young members (anyone below 35) to join in with the various RSC activities.

I have not been very successful yet...but there is stuff on the horizon

Yesterday I attended the regional meeting in Nottingham basically it was chance to ask questions about RSC politics, studies and events. then there is a chance for some social networking which is always useful

I learnt that there are people where I work that i can get tot help me with events and contacts at AZ and vectura
Most of the 'active members' are people i know, ex lecturers and old work folk
we have more people entering the chemistry and chem eng then in the last ten years
RSC will support you with careers and other stuff

and they do some really fun science, check out their blog ...www.rsc.org

No comments:

Post a Comment